We are now scheduling COVID 19 VACCINES and BOOSTERS
for our patients ages 6 months and up
WESTERN MICHIGAN PEDIATRICS is scheduling patients for the vaccine and boosters at both of our locations. We are also able to provide the vaccine at most well visits if requested.
Call our office soon to have your child put on the schedule.
Grand Rapids: 616-949-6112 Jenison: 616-457-3510
Congratulations Dr. Lake!
After 42 years of serving patients at Western Michigan Pediatrics,
Dr. Lake will be retiring on June 1, 2022.
We plan to continue your child/ren’s care and to provide you with an exceptional experience with Dr. John Cochrane, Dr. Megan Clark, Dr. Shawna Pierce, Dr. Amanda Williams, Dr. Nicole VanAllen and Dr. Jennifer VanZee. If you plan to continue your child’s care with Western Michigan Pediatrics, you do not need to do anything at this time.
We wish you the very best Dr. Lake as you move on to a new chapter in life.
Enjoy your retirement! We will miss you!
Please make sure to schedule your child/ren’s well care appointment today!.
John Cochrane, D.O.
Dr. Cochrane grew up in Grayling, MI. He attended Michigan State University for undergrad and received his medical degree from Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine. He completed his pediatric residency at Advocate Children’s Hospital in Oak Lawn, IL. In their spare time he and his wife Kelsey enjoy hiking, camping, watching Michigan State sports, and spending time in the kitchen trying out new recipes.
NEW PATIENT PORTAL IS HERE!
You may receive a Welcome email that will include a PIN for registering your child/children for the new portal, Intellichart. If you are not registered, but would like to be, contact the office, or ask at your next visit. Here are some of the things you can take advantage of when you have the Patient Portal:
- Request medication refills online
- Receive appointment reminders via cell phone or via email
- Decrease in-office wait time by completing forms online
COVID 19 SAFETY UPDATE
Western Michigan Pediatrics is providing care to our patients in the safest possible way during this time. We are keeping our patients being seen for well and routine care separated from those exhibiting any type of Covid symptoms. Touchable surfaces and exam rooms are being cleaned rigorously to assure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
All patients, age 2 and up, along with their parents coming into our office are required to wear face coverings. We can provide a mask if you do not have one.
Upon arrival to our parking lot, please call the office’s main phone number, and use the option 5 to be connected to a receptionist who will ask you the screening questions, give you instructions and greet you at the door to escort you to an available room. We are not using our waiting room at this time.
We are now seeing our Jenison patients at our new office at 1865 Georgetown Center Drive!
We are now offering E-visits!
We will now be providing E-visits in order to provide care outside our walls during this time of crisis to encourage people to still “see” us. We are still here to provide health care to our patients. Patients will still need to call the nurse triage line to be evaluated to see if they can be seen for a virtual visit. Please click on the "Practice Info" tab to learn more.
A Message To Our Patients And Families About COVID-19
With coronavirus active in our community, Western Michigan Pediatrics has been making changes to help limit the spread of infection within our communities. We want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to implement changes in our practice during this rapidly evolving situation. Please know that we are still taking every action possible to protect our patients, community and staff from COVID-19. Here are a few important things to note.
- Children generally have mild symptoms with COVID-19 infection. www.cdc.gov and www.healthychildren.org have reliable information on their websites regarding coronavirus.
- All staff are screened for possible COVID-19 symptoms or exposure prior to arriving at work.
- We are not using our waiting rooms for the time being. Patients will call the front desk from their vehicle upon arrival and will wait to be called into the office once a patient room is available. Patients age 2 and up and the caregivers bringing them to the office are should wear a face covering. We are also increasing our sanitizing procedures.
- People experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath AND are concerned that they have been exposed to coronavirus should call our office for further direction.
- We will continue to see children for their well visits and other routine appointments.
- Social distancing is our best tool for combating the COVID-19 pandemic. Please practice good hand washing, try to avoid touching your face, and stay home as much as possible.
We will be updating our website and Facebook page as new changes or recommendations occur.
The Physicians at Western Michigan Pediatrics
DR. AMANDA WILLIAMS! Western Michigan Pediatrics welcomes Amanda Williams, MD.
Dr. Williams sees patients Monday through Friday.
Congratulations to DR. JEREMY VEENEMA who has been voted into the top 10 pediatricians in West Michigan. See the entire guide of all the top Doctors, Dentists etc.at GRKIDS.com.