2023 FLU VACCINE AND CLINIC INFORMATION
JENISON ~ Our Jenison location has the 2023 FLU vaccine and can start giving them as part of any upcoming well visit, just ask your nurse. Otherwise, Call to schedule your child's appointment at one of the below listed FLU CLINICS.
JENISON FLU CLINIC DATES 2023
|September 28th 1:30 pm - 4:00 pm||October 5th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|October 12th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm||October 18th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
|October 19th 9:00 am - 4:00 pm||November 2nd 9:00 am - 4:00 pm|
CASCADE ~ Our Jenison location has the 2023 FLU vaccine and can start giving them as part of any upcoming well visit, just ask your nurse. Otherwise, Call to schedule your child's appointment at one of the below listed FLU CLINICS.
CASCADE FLU CLINIC DATES 2023
|September 27th 9:00 am - 4:30 pm||October 6th 9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
|October 11th 9:00 am - 4:30 pm||October 12th 9:00 am - 12:00 pm|
|October 20th 9:00 am - 4:30 pm||October 26th 9:00 am - 12:00 pm|
Dr. Samantha Williams Al-Kharusy will be joining us in November 2023
Dr. Sam Williams Al-Kharusy grew up on the east side of the state in Novi, MI. She completed her undergraduate degree at the University of Michigan and her medical degree at Michigan State University in Grand Rapids. She then crossed Lake Michigan to complete her pediatrics residency at the University of Wisconsin in Madison. She and her partner Jake are very excited to return home to the mitten. In addition to spending time with family, Sam enjoys all things outdoors, including jogging, hiking, and camping.
Her schedule will be open for appointments starting the end of May.
Please join us in congratulating Dr. Sam and her husband on the birth of their son.
Mom and Baby are doing amazing, and they are settling in as a new family of three!
Congrats from your family at Western Michigan Pediatrics!
Bivalent vaccine is available for ages 5 and up
Our office now has the bivalent vaccine available for all kids ages 5 and older. Kids are eligible for this booster 6 months after their primary series is complete or 2 months after their most recent booster.
WESTERN MICHIGAN PEDIATRICS is scheduling patients for the vaccine and boosters at both of our locations. We are also able to provide the vaccine at most well visits if requested.
Call our office soon to have your child put on the schedule.
Grand Rapids: 616-949-6112 Jenison: 616-457-3510
Flu Shots are available, please give the office a call to schedule
NEW PATIENT PORTAL IS HERE!
You may receive a Welcome email that will include a PIN for registering your child/children for the new portal, Intellichart. If you are not registered, but would like to be, contact the office, or ask at your next visit. Here are some of the things you can take advantage of when you have the Patient Portal:
- Request medication refills online
- Receive appointment reminders via cell phone or via email
- Decrease in-office wait time by completing forms online
COVID 19 SAFETY UPDATE
Western Michigan Pediatrics is providing care to our patients in the safest possible way during this time. We are keeping our patients being seen for well and routine care separated from those exhibiting any type of Covid symptoms. Touchable surfaces and exam rooms are being cleaned rigorously to assure the health and safety of our patients and staff.
All patients, age 2 and up, along with their parents coming into our office are required to wear face coverings. We can provide a mask if you do not have one.
We are now offering E-visits!
We will now be providing E-visits in order to provide care outside our walls during this time of crisis to encourage people to still “see” us. We are still here to provide health care to our patients. Patients will still need to call the nurse triage line to be evaluated to see if they can be seen for a virtual visit. Please click on the "Practice Info" tab to learn more.
A Message to Our Patients and Families About COVID-19
With coronavirus active in our community, Western Michigan Pediatrics has been making changes to help limit the spread of infection within our communities. We want to thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to implement changes in our practice during this rapidly evolving situation. Please know that we are still taking every action possible to protect our patients, community and staff from COVID-19. Here are a few important things to note.
- Children generally have mild symptoms with COVID-19 infection. www.cdc.gov and www.healthychildren.org have reliable information on their websites regarding coronavirus.
- All staff are screened for possible COVID-19 symptoms or exposure prior to arriving at work.
- We are not using our waiting rooms for the time being. Patients will call the front desk from their vehicle upon arrival and will wait to be called into the office once a patient room is available. Patients age 2 and up and the caregivers bringing them to the office are should wear a face covering. We are also increasing our sanitizing procedures.
- People experiencing a fever, cough or shortness of breath AND are concerned that they have been exposed to coronavirus should call our office for further direction.
- We will continue to see children for their well visits and other routine appointments.
- Social distancing is our best tool for combating the COVID-19 pandemic. Please practice good hand washing, try to avoid touching your face, and stay home as much as possible.
We will be updating our website and Facebook page as new changes or recommendations occur.
The Physicians at Western Michigan Pediatrics
Congratulations to DR. JEREMY VEENEMA who has been voted into the top 10 pediatricians in West Michigan. See the entire guide of all the top Doctors, Dentists etc.at GRKIDS.com.